|View Larger Image|
Item Catalog Number: 01885
60 Softgels + 60 + 60 Softgels
Life Extension MacuGuard Ocular Support offers a proprietary blend of nutrients that mimic the body's natural ratios of lutein, zeaxanthin, and meso-zeaxanthin. It also includes C3G. Supports vision and overall eye health.
Proper vision requires lutein and zeaxanthin, special carotenoids that are part of our macular pigment.1,8 The macular pigment is a filter that protects the eye from harmful blue and ultraviolet (UV) light. Although consuming large quantities of vegetables that contain these important nutrients is beneficial, it is difficult to obtain system wide absorption2 which is important for the health of the eyes. Phospholipids are utilized to support maximum absorption not only into the eye, but in the blood stream as well.2-7 Research indicates phospholipids aids in efficient absorption of lutein in the retina of the eyes, the blood stream, and cell membranes.6,7 Life Extension MacuGuard also supports the increase of zeaxanthin levels.
This proprietary formulation also includes C3G, an antioxidant extracted from European black currant. The patented blend offers the same naturally occurring ratios of lutein, zeaxanthin, and meso-zeaxanthin. Combined, all ingredients work to support various aspects of ocular health and vision including retinal damage, macular degeneration, and UV light protection.8-10
Serving Size: 1 softgel
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
MacuGuard™ Carotenoid Phospholipid Blend Phospholipids, marigold extract (flower) [providing 10 mg free lutein, 4 mg meso-zeaxanthin & trans-zeaxanthin]
C3G (Cyanidin-3-glucoside) [from European black currant extract (fruit)]
Other Ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, soy lecithin, gelatin, glycerin, sunflower oil, soy fatty acids, beeswax, purified water, potato maltodextrin, annatto color. Contains soybeans.
LuteinPlus® and Mz® are registered trademarks of Nutriproducts Ltd., UK, licensed under U.S. Patents 6,218,436 and p6,329,432.
Dosage and Use:
- Take one softgel daily with or without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- If pregnant, nursing, or undergoing treatment for a medical condition, consult your physician before taking this product
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not exceed recommended dose
1. J Photochem Photobiol. 2002;68(1):39−44.
2. Nutrients. 2013 April; 5(4): 1169–1185.
3. Nutr Res. 2009;29(8):588−95.
4. Nutrition. 2011 Sep;27(9):960-6.
5. Lipids. 2009 Sep;44(9):799-806.
6. Mol Cell Biochem. 2006 Jan;281(1-2):103-10.
7. J Pharm. 2011 Jun 30;412(1-2):99-105.
8. Macula of retina
9. Astaxanthin, a carotenoid with potential in human health and nutrition.
10. Astaxanthin, a dietary carotenoid, protects retinal cells against oxidative stress in-vitro and in mice in-vivo.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This Product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.